Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday night date

Mike and I haven't had much time alone lately. We spent a week in a tiny hotel room on base in Washington (with two kids) before we began the six day drive to Tennessee. So, that was almost two full weeks in a hotel with kids and cats in tow. After we arrived in our new house we had a couple of days of madness before Mike's brother flew in to help us. He stayed a few days. After Bud left, I drove with the boys to Oklahoma to see my family. I got home from Oklahoma on Monday night and Mike's parents arrived on Wednesday. It has just been kind of crazy lately. Not a bad crazy, but just a hard-to-make-time-for-your-spouse crazy.

However, because Mike's parents are here with us this week, we have free babysitters! So, Mike made reservations at the Melting Pot for tonight. Yay! I love the Melting Pot, but it has been YEARS since we've splurged and gone there as a couple. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to things settling down around here soon. Mike and I usually put our kids to bed around 8 p.m. and then spend the next couple of hours hanging out with each other. We haven't even had that small chance to connect for the past month or so. I'm ready for normalcy!

4 comments:

Maria said...

ooooh, we love the Melting Pot too! Have a great time!

Sara said...

have fun with your honey!!!!

Kathryn said...

Yum! Love the Melting Pot, and I'm glad that you and Mike are finding some time together. Don't worry -- life will be back to normal soon!

Robin said...

Here's to "normalcy!" What a blessing to have some free babysitting. Hope you enjoyed The Melting Pot. Fun stuff! And please go see a movie for me. :)

RAK

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?