Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First day of preschool

Monday was Alec's first day of preschool. He is in a M-W-F program at a nearby church. It meets from 9:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. The first day was ETERNALLY long for me. I missed my little man. He is such an entertainer and such a source of joy for me. My day felt so empty without him. I know that in a few weeks I'll be used to my days without both of my boys, but it does take a little getting used to.


As usual with Alec, pictures are something of an inconvenience. I had a really hard time getting him to stand still, look at the camera, and smile. It's hard to tell from the photos but he was actually really excited and truly enjoyed his first day.


"Look at me for a picture!"

(Uh-uh.)


"Smile!" (Uh-uh.)



















"Is that frown going to freeze on your face? Turn it upside down!" (This is what I got.)




















" Slow down so I can see your face!" (Nope.)























"Look at Mommy for one good picture?! Pleeeeeease?" (Not gonna happen.)
Finally, when I picked him up from school. He volunteered for a photo with Ms. Susan. Sigh.





















2 comments:

Maria said...

That is so cute. I bet it is quiet without both of them there...although for me, I am ready for school to start again. Hard to work from home with all 3 of them here all day.
We miss you!

The Varner Family said...

He reminds me of Brody with not wanting to take pictures! Hope you guys get settled soon. I will be praying for you. Change is always hard!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?