Sunday, June 22, 2008

Front teeth

Zachary had to have two teeth pulled on Thursday. His bottom middle baby teeth were still firmly attached to their roots, but the adult teeth were already through the gums and were pushing on those babies and causing him some trouble. Poor guy! One of the roots was about 3 times as long as the actual tooth. It was a bit painful.





He rebounded pretty quickly and was thrilled to find eight $1 dollar bills next to his pillow the next morning. We explained that the tooth fairy must bring extra bucks for teeth that had to be pulled and even more for teeth that still had the roots attached! If you look closely in the little red "treasure chest" you'll see the teeth. One of them looks like a vampire fang and that sharp pointy part was the root that was way... WAY down in his gums. UCK.




He's healing up nicely. The holes in his gums look much less gross today!

2 comments:

Cara said...

What a root! I've never seen one that deep in all my teeth pulling's I've done. Bless his heart. Glad he's healed nicely though. I love the pic of Zach reading to Alec. Such sweet boys!

Kathryn said...

Have missed your blogs! What's new?

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?