Monday, June 2, 2008

Fabulous! My "Terrific Kid"

My boy Zachary was honored at his elementary school today. He was one of two children from his class of 23 who were chosen as the Kiwanis "Terrific Kids" for the year. The criteria for this award are "a positive attitude, good character, and responsible citizenship." I'm completely proud of him! He, of course, has taken his newfound celebrity in stride. He seemed unimpressed when his name was called and just sauntered forward to receive the award. No big grins or celebratory high fives. Unaffected, unlike me. I got all teary eyed when his name was called at the awards assembly, not because he had won the award, but because of the cacophony of cheers coming from all of the other first graders! He's truly loved and admired by his peers and that is a special thing for a mother to see.
What a blessing.












6 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats to Zachary! I know you are a proud mom.

Jim Stark said...

Terrific Kids rock!

Cara said...

Yay Zachary! What a great kid you're raising!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie. Not even a smile though. Cracks me up. Congrats to Zach!

Kathryn said...

What a nice honor! Funny how he takes it all in stride.

And kudos to you and Mike for fostering the good attitude and character!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Zach. He is so sweet and so deserves it after all he has been through this year.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?