Sunday, April 20, 2008

I consider myself a Christian. Christianty. It is who I am and it dictates what I do. I read it. I teach it. I immerse myself in it. And on occassion, I actually do what Christ calls me to do. Being Christlike, that is.

I consider myself a partner in a strong marriage. A wife. It is who I am and what I do. It guides my thoughts and my actions, it dictates the steps that I take on a daily basis.

I consider myself a mother. A mommy. From sun-up to... sun-up, day after day, night after night, I am the foremost authority on my children, ages seven and three. They belong to me and I belong to them in ways that defy explanation.

I consider myself a writer. Writing. It is who I am and what I do. I read it. I teach it. I evaluate it. And on occassion, I actually do it. Write, that is.

I am also a daughter, a sister, an educator, a friend. I love food, I love literature, I love sappy movies, I love my memories of college, I love when I make people laugh. And I love to write. This is where I will write about the things that are important to me: faith, family, food, fun. See, not all "F" words are bad.

7 comments:

Cara said...

I feel so special getting to leave your first comment. I'm so glad you started a blog! You are an amazing writer. The name of your blog cracks me up! So creative. It is going to be wonderful to keep up with what's going on in your life. Welcome to the blogging world!

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

hey welcome to blog land I will have to link you up so I read it somewhat occasionally/faithfully to get that "f" word in there!!

Sara said...

Yes, very creative blog name. Glad you explained it!

I'm so excited you are blogging. Not that I don't know what is going on with you on a daily basis, but it is a great way to journal daily life!

I also consider you my "sissy"!

Kerri said...

Hey Andrea,
Your blog is neat. The way you write is touching.
Check out my space if you get a chance.
Are you considering going to alumni this summer? It is the first weekend in June. Can you believe it's been 15 years???

NightSky said...

WoW!

Love your blog! I'm so impressed, just might lose the pen and paper myself! Hmmm. *winks*

The boys are precious as ever! :)

Thanks for inviting me into your world. (:

Lara said...

Well, hello, sweet lady! Long time no communicado. Let me be the fir...sixth to congratulate you on your new blog. Love the titillating title too! You can catch up with me (though I blog much less frequently now) at http://www.helplessandhopeful.blogspot.com/

Take care and God bless!

(P.S. news around here is Dennis will retire in 2010, and guess who seems to want his job. Oh, yeah. Patricia. Send meds.)

Anonymous said...

I had to scroll down a little further to find your first posting, Andrea... left my first comment for you in a later entry.

My intention is to read your blog up to the present, so will be dropping by from time to time to catch up with your writings.

I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far: your content is engaging and well-written and visually appealing.

Looking forward to reading more!!!

I'll be back soon...

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?