Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fanciful -- an adjective meaning led by imagination

Fanciful.

My boys are in the middle of a full fledged battle between darkness and light in the middle of my living room. The sounds of battle include the sizzling strike of lightsaber on lightsaber and the grunts and groans of those fighting and dying. And then I hear, "Alec, you are the evil emperor! You have to try to get me!" And Alec replies, "No! I'm Darf (Darth) Bador (Vador) and you have to get me!!" And now Zachary hums the soundtrack of Star Wars while zipping through the living room, jumping off of the ottoman, rolling along the floor. His ability with melody is uncanny. He knows every nuance of every song from every episode of the Star Wars movies.

And now they are laughing uncontrollably, rolling around together on the floor. Breathless with laughter because, apparently, General Grievous fell off of a rock or something along those lines.

Fanciful.

This morning I found Superman in my underwear drawer. "Alec!" I yelled. "Why is Superman in my underwear drawer?" He raised both arms and wiggled his fingers while raising his eyebrows and then whispered dramatically, "It's a secret entrance!" And then he ran giggling from my room.

Fanciful!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Jim has recently introduced Laura to Star Wars and she is quite into it. It is funny! She always asks a lot of questions about each character.

Andrea said...

Sweet sweet heaven above. Laura will be a step ahead when she enters kindergarten. She'll be able to keep up with the boys and their knowledge of light sabers and evil emperors.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?