Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fifteen

I have lost fifteen pounds over the last three months. It's not coming off very fast, but it is (thankfully) coming off. Fifteen isn't all that much when you consider that I need to lose another 50 or so to be at a healthy weight, but fifteen is enough that I'm starting to see solid results. My clothes are becoming loose or just too big. That is encouraging.

This morning I packed up my winter clothes for the spring/summer. Instead of putting them into the nice Sterilite container that I normally use, I decided to pack them into an old, battered suitcase. I'm hoping that by the time fall/winter rolls back around, the whole lot of those clothes will be so big that I'll just take the suitcase over to Goodwill and donate the whole thing. That will be my goal.

I'm always looking for a kid-friendly, healthy meal or snack idea, so if anyone has a suggestion, please let me know!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

That's really great! You should be proud of that accomplishment. You will be donating that suitcase!!

Sara said...

Yay! Proud of my sissy! Have you tried the Yoplait frozen yogurt smoothie mix? It is in the freezer section and you add milk and blend it up. Delish! Laura loves them!

Maria said...

That is great!!! Way to go! I love the caramel corn rice cakes...and kids do too. We make lots of smoothies around here, soy milk, yogurt, fruit, protein powder. Turkey burgers with those sandwich thins, um....I have other ideas too, just can't think of them now. Jon lost about 25 pounds over the last few months so we did a lot of healthy stuff. I lost 8-10 but somehow it's starting to creep back on...ugh, so hard. I'm addicted to sugar.

Kathryn said...

Good for you! That is awesome -- keep up whatever you are doing. It's working! My favorite (non-sweet) treat are the little Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese wedges. Perfect spread on an English muffin, crackers, carrots, apple, etc. It's creamy enough to trick yourself into thinking you are getting something decadent, and it tastes great. Enjoy!

Lida said...

Andrea, sign up for www.hungrygirl.com
Very proud of you. Losing it slowly is the best way to go.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?