Sunday, July 26, 2009

Travel Log #3

I think the best thing about a road trip is the unplanned treasure. This hotel is NOT one of those treasures. We stayed at "The Big Bear Motel" in Cody, WY, because they accepted pets. It was straight out of a 1972 movie. No alarm clock, no tissues on the bathroom counter, no telephone. Absolutely NO FRILLS. But, it did have a horse paddock out behind our room and it had a bench outside the door that the boys thought was cool. Looking back, I'm glad we stayed there simply because of these pictures.







This, however, was one of those unplanned jewels. We were driving along a scenic road in the Bighorn National Forest in Wyoming and needed a potty break. This is what we discovered!







These cool cars were in the parking lot for for the waterfall.























Finally, Mt. Rushmore. Honestly? Supremely cool. I liked it more than Yellowstone. It is amazing that such a gigantic thing could be man-made.



2 comments:

Maria said...

Very cool. Easton also enjoyed this one. He said "Zach went to Mount RUSHMORE!?!"

Melissa Taylor said...

How cool - I have always wanted to go there. Looks like it was worth the big trip!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?