Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Photography

The other night I told Mike that I wanted to start taking pictures of things that epitomize the Pacific Northwest before we head back to the central part of the country. We came up with a few ideas:

I want a picture of . . .
1)the road signs pointing the way to the ferry landings.
2)a QFC grocery store. (We never had heard of QFC until moving here.)
3)a Fred Meyer store. (Again, never encountered one until moving here.)
4)the "Tsunami Evacuation Route" signs that we occasionally see.
5)the Salmon spawning signs along the rivers.
6)the view of the Space Needle from our house.
7)guys in shorts, wool socks and sandals when the weather is cold and rainy.

I'm trying to come up with other ideas. Anyone have any unique photo ideas for me?

1 comment:

Mike Chavez said...

Mt Rainier, Both Olympic and Cascade Mt Ranges, Killer Whales, Ferries, Bannana Slugs, Madrona Trees, NW Indian Art (Totem Poles, Cedar Carved Salmon, etc), IVARS, Deception Pass and Bridge, Safeco Field, Starbucks, Nntendo, Microsoft, etc - Headquarters buildings, Tacoma Narrows Bridge, a salmon hatchery, Pike Place Market and throwing fish guys and Big Trees. Those are just some. We will miss you guys!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?