Sunday, April 12, 2009

EIGHT YEARS OLD?!

I'm not quite sure how it is possible that my sweet boy Zachary is now eight years old. I still vividly remember the shock of him being pulled from my body and the nurse laughingly informing me that my baby was certainly not a little Madalyn Nicole. The shock was quickly followed by abounding joy and that joy has never abated.














We had a birthday bash here at the house on Friday night. LEGO was the theme. We had five boys and two girls on our guest list. Alec and his special friend Scott (Mr. Scopp) were also on the list. Scott is 20 years old and he and Alec are mutual fans of one another.

The kids were fun and funny. They loved the LEGO competition. We paired them into teams and each team had 25 minutes to construct two items. One item had to have wheels and the other could be anything. We gave prizes for creativity, for going above and beyond, for attention to detail, and for originality.




















This is Zach with his team member Tyler. They are displaying their prize winning creations in the creativity category.





The highlight of the evening was the cake made by my dear friend Tracy. She also made Alec's tiger cake (see previous post). She's AMAZING and this LEGO cake was beyond amazing. It was almost too pretty to cut and eat!











Happy birthday to my sweet Zach, and happy Easter to all my readers!

4 comments:

Cara said...

Happy Birthday Zach! Awesome cake! Beautiful sunset picture up top, too.

Kathryn said...

Happy birthday, Zachary! That cake is excellent!

Maria said...

What a cool cake! I love creative crafy people.

Sara said...

Very cute Lego cake! I really wish I was creative like that. Happy 8th Birthday, Zachary!!!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?