Saturday, December 17, 2011

Festivus

Okay, first of all, I am a failure with my blogging of late.  I'll not make too many apologies, but I should record -- for posterity -- that my last month has been spent editing my novel (due to be published in the spring), and re-editing my novel, teaching, grading, grading, mothering, and grading. Somewhere in the midst of that there were Christmas parties, piano lessons, basketball games, cub scout meetings, a Christmas musical, and I THINK (though don't quote me on this) that I may have cooked some suppers and washed a few loads of laundry and maybe even hung out with my husband once or twice. 

ANYHOOOOO... 

Today begins the FESTIVUS (that would be a Seinfeld reference for those of you who are younger than 15 years of age).  For 2011, The Bishop clan has forgone the normal trappings of Christmas (I did not even put up a tree!), and we are going on the most magical journey together.

Tonight I write from Albany, Georgia, where my family is holed up in a Courtyard by Marriott. 
Tomorrow we journey onward to ... yes, you guessed it...

ORLANDO...FLORIDA... (that would be Disneyworld, for those of you who are actually from Florida and might assume other people would visit for any other reason).

The boys have been counting down the days for months. When we actually got into the car this morning to begin our drive, I think we all had a sense of "Really?  Is this really happening?"  I was also doing the frantic mental checklist of "Did I turn off the..." and Mike was just kind of thinking, "I would rather be going just about anywhere but the most crowded place on earth." :-)

The boys were great travelers today, though my Alec-gater is feeling a bit under the weather tonight. I think he's officially caught the cold I had last week. Hoping he can get a good night's sleep and feel perkier tomorrow.

Tomorrow night we will attend Mickey's Christmas Party, so that will be our first official Disney activity.  We're excited!  Really, really, I am very excited to get this party started!

Until the next Festivus post...

10 comments:

Sara said...

You shall have so much fun at the magical land of Disney. I'm jealous-real jealous.

hopy said...

I agree with your comments about the economy, the economy is a measure of the value of intellectual level and development of a country. economics plays a very important role for the development of a country.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Buy kamagra polo said...

Great Post and nice article.Thanks for sharing.

Outrageous Digium Phones said...

Good for you.

william said...

going in disney land together with your family is so exciting and having so much fun in there.
Work Boots

Unknown said...

awesome and cool,hope you inspire all youth generation,long live!

We tried Top Notch Shoretel Support

simmon verman said...

this blog is great, finally something that i'm interested with.

Black Cloud Dodge Diesel Clutches

george clington said...

this is very interesting, thanks for sharing this blog, two thumbs up! :)

Wowed by Distribuidora Los Compadres Hispanic Food Distributors

Allentown School Security said...

definitely economics plays a very important role for the country,thanks for sharing this blog

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?