Friday, November 6, 2009

Ft. Hood

Have you seen the news about the tragedy at Ft. Hood in Texas? If you haven't, here's a link: http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/texas.fort.hood.shootings/index.html

I'm having a hard time blocking out this little bit of tragedy. It keeps popping into my thoughts, invading my normally hard shell regarding "news." I think of my husband working on a military base. I think of the security measures present on such bases. I think of the families living on Ft. Hood, of the patients who had been seen by this shooter, of the families of the dead and the wounded. Tragic doesn't even come close to an appropriate description.

What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

Maria said...

It is tragic and awful. Life is full of unexpectedness and evil. We just have to cling to Christ until he takes us home.

Btw...that is nearly the funniest cat picture I've seen. (the header pic)

Kathryn said...

It's really tragic. I can't imagine what those people were thinking as someone started shooting, and I certainly can't wrap my mind around the shooter's reasons.

One one hand, I'm glad he's still alive and can be question and go to trial. On the other, there would be some justification if he'd been killed there too. Either way, his ultimate destination is out of our hands.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?