Saturday, November 14, 2009

Family Talent

I don't proclaim to be among the talented musicians in this family. It definitely comes from the Bishop side of the family tree rather than the Stark side. Nevertheless, I LOVE that my children seem to be as interested, and as naturally talented, as their father in all things musical. It's just fun! Zachary has a piano recital coming up in the next month. Alec is already asking for piano lessons, but we're going to hold off on that for at least another year. Mike says that children will learn to read music much better if they are already proficient at reading words. Anyway, I love that we have music in our house!














2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Glad the boys are interested in music! Our band director in school always said that musicians tend to have better grades, since they have a sense of discipline from all that practicing. Maybe he was just trying to encourage us to stay in band, but I believed it. :)

Robin said...

What a blessing your family has musical talent! Ours, sadly, has very little...

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?