Friday, September 5, 2008

Feliz Cumpleanos (to me) and First Day of School

On September 1st, I celebrated my 29th birthday for the sixth time. My sweet guys made and decorated a cake for me.






On September 3rd, my Zachary began his second grade career. He is in Mr. Johnson's class this year. Yesterday, after Day 2, he came home and said, "Mommy, second grade is much more difficult than first grade." I made appropriate noises of understanding and he said, "Well, it is harder but also more interesting." I think he'll do great if he can just nail down a second grade girlfriend (he's had a different love interest each year of school) and if he can figure out who is going to be his special in-class buddy this year. Zachary is the type of kid who really likes to have one very good friend. I'm not at all worried about his academic ability, but I do worry about him socially. He's so tenderhearted and just gets his feelings hurt so easily. He's a worrier...hmmm, wonder where he got that particular trait. My sweet Zachary:
First day photo op and walking into school

At his new desk (Alec had to sneak into the pic)

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

How sweet that your three guys made you a special cake! Hope your day was terrific. Your Zachary sounds like a terrific kid, Andrea. I'm sure he'll do great in second grade! Have a nice weekend -- :)

Sara said...

Is it a first born trait to be sensitive and enjoy only having one special friend???

2nd grade---seems impossible that Z could be this old!!

Cara said...

Hope you had a great birthday. The cake looks yummy! Sweet boys!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?