Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fabulous Firsts

Today Alec started his academic career. First day of preschool at Adventureland! He did GREAT. Not a tear, unless you count the few that I bravely blinked away before he saw them. He was so confident. Walked right up to Ms. Aimee and said, "I'm Alec, A-L-E-C." And she said, "Wow! You are a scholar, Alec." And he nodded matter-of-factly and said, "Yep. I'm growing to be a big boy. I'm gonna be a daddy someday." That announced and agreed upon by all, he then went about the task of putting his sticker on the attendance chart, right next to A-L-E-C. And then he was moving on to the puzzles, totally fine and hardly giving me another look. I was backing out of the room, waiting for tears, for the, "No Mommy! You have to stay with me!" But he was fine.
He had fun too. When I picked him up at noon he ran to me and said, "It was fun." He said he liked "lining up" and "going to the potty" and playing at recess. He said he was a little frustrated (fust-a-RATEd) because he wanted to sing "Blue Skies and Rainbows" and Ms. Aimee didn't do that one. However, he still wants to go back on Thursday.
Of course, I took a bazillion pictures because...well, because it's my addition. The picture thing. And of course, I have to share some of them now. Just grin and scroll, my friend. Grin... and scroll. (The blue bucket is one of the school's requirements. They bring a bucket for transporting art/notes/snacks/etc. Alec LOVES his bucket.)









4 comments:

Sara said...

Ahhhh...so cute! Love love his comment on how is growing to be a big boy and how he is gonna be a daddy. That is just way too cute!

Glad his first day of school was positive!

Cara said...

Yay for Alec's first day. You know how we say our boys are so alike...well Austin has that same shirt Alec is wearing, too! Funny, huh!

Cara said...

Oh, and I love pac-man!

Anonymous said...

Your first day experience with Alec really takes me back, Andrea. Having raised three sons, I got to experience three sets of first days and am happy that yours and Alec's, although bittersweet, turned out to be a good one.

I hope this is one of many wonderful "firsts" for you, Alec, and your family!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?