Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fabulous 37

Today is my 37th birthday. This seems somewhat surreal since I still think of myself as a 20-something. I wonder if when I turn 57 that I'll still be surprised by the fact that my body is so much older than my spirit. I hope so!
Today is my 37th birthday. It is also my first birthday on this earth without my mom here with me. I'm thinking about her today. I'm taking my boys to Oklahoma this afternoon for the Labor Day weekend so that we can spend some time with Dad.
Today is my 37th birthday. My children sang to me at breakfast. My husband hugged and kissed me and presented me with perfume and chocolate. I've already received texts and facebook messages and it's only 7:15 a.m. I am truly and completely blessed.
Today is my 37th birthday. God is good and faithful. I'm a full year older. I love my family desperately.
I miss my mom. It's my birthday.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Yes, moms have a way of making your birthday special in a way no one else can duplicate...I can't imagine not having mine around to spoil me. I hope your day was special and happy. I'm sure your mom would have wanted that!!

RAK

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?