Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Forty


My husband will be turning 40 years old in a couple of weeks. This is noteworthy for two reasons: 1) I am 3 1/2 years younger than him; and 2) I am not turning 40 for another 3 1/2 years. No, seriously, it's a big deal turning 40, right? It's a big forty-something deal, and I want to do something special to commemorate this momentous occasion.


So... what should I do? I...got...nothing. Seriously, I'm usually somewhat clever at coming up with fun, creatively-inclined ideas, but for this particular occasion, I really have NOTHING.


So, if you've ever read my blog and have ever thought it was even slightly, miniscule-ishly entertaining, please, please...PLEASE post an idea for Mike's birthday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surprise party?

Jeff's Photos said...

Do a 40 fest. Kinda like I do Jeff Fest. Send him with treats that he enjoys to work, church, wherever he goes. Showing up with a bucket of cookies or rice krispy treats and people are ready to celebrate.

Andrea said...

Mike would probably kill me if I did a surprise party, since that is most definitely NOT his thing, though if anyone ever wants to throw me one, I'd love it. I do like the 40 fest. I'll have to think on that some more!

Sara said...

A trip to Searcy to celebrate with your bestest and Jimmy. Kids can stay with a babysitter (my treat)!! Come on! or I can meet you in LR and take your kids so you and Mike can have a romantic night in LR....

Anonymous said...

Ms. Andrea, what about giving him forty little gifts?

--C

Andrea said...

C- I love the 40 little gifts idea! Sis, I'll come over soon.

Robin said...

I was thinking 40 gifts, too...or 40 reasons you love him. Or a Top Forty theme of some sort. Fantastically Forty? Forty and Fun? A night away would be awesome...a party at church with fave friends...wonder what you've decided (my ideas are all probably either too late or too lame). :)

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?