Friday, September 24, 2010

Family Traditions

It's Friday night and my family is about to enjoy one of our family traditions: pizza and game night. I think we started this when Zach was a kindergartener and Alec was 2. Back then it was one medium cheese pizza and Hi Ho Cheerio. Now we order two pizzas with lots of different toppings and play Monopoly or the Wii. It's a good way to end the week, and I always love the lack of cooking involved.

Another tradition of ours is to share favorite moments of the day over the supper table, and yes, we do eat at the table every night that we're home. I think it's important for a family to sit down together and share a meal.

A third tradition of ours is to bake something together on the first day of school. This year Alec started school a few days after Zach, so we baked brownies for 4th grade and cupcakes for kindergarten.

Saturday mornings are almost always greeted with cinnamon rolls and cartoons. This is as much for Mike as for the boys. My husband has a weakness for breakfast rolls (and for Star Wars: The Clone Wars.)

I hope that when my boys are grown that they will look back and fondly remember our family traditions. What are your family traditions?

No comments:

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?