Thursday, October 9, 2008

Factoids

I'm at a loss for a new "F" post, but my sissy Sara just did random facts on her site so I thought I'd steal the idea and just rename it.

So, here are some random facts about yours truly.

1) My favorite soft drink is Diet Dr. Pepper. I really don't like any other carbonated drinks at all. I have a DDP every morning instead of coffee because I don't really like coffee. I like the smell of it, but that's about it.

2) My hair is naturally curly, but it isn't CONSISTENTLY curly. The top layer is rather straight but each layer underneath gets curlier and curlier.

3) Like my friend Sara, I read magazines and catalogs from back to front.

4) In college I got to ride on the Harding "jet" from El Paso to Searcy with Dr. Burks, the president of my alma mater.

5) Also in college, I dated my friend Cara's now husband Kent. (Well, dated might be a bit extreme. I think we went on two dates. But still, it sounds better to say that I dated him.)

6) Much to my father's despair, I turned down a full scholarship to attend Oklahoma State University (tuition, room, board) because I wanted to attend Harding. I never regretted the decision. I'm not sure if my dad (and his wallet) would agree.

7) My husband proposed to me one afternoon while we were on a one hour break from our job as counselors at Camp Blue Haven. I wore my engagement ring for about 15 minutes before I had to hide it because we weren't really supposed to be "romantically involved" as counselors.

8) My oldest son, Zachary, was supposed to be Madalyn Nicole. His ultrasound said girl. It was wrong. I had to have an emergency c-section to deliver him. While the nurses prepped me for the cutting, they asked what name I'd chosen. When the doctor pulled the baby from my body I heard a nurse laughingly say, "Honey, this is NOT a Madalyn!"

9) Sometimes I crave Doritoes and bean dip. It's one of those snack foods that I just have to have about twice a year.

10) I have several small flat moles on my right leg that make up the shape of the Big Dipper.


Okay, your turn! Tell me a random fact!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Totally forgot about your "dates" with Kent!!! LOL!!

I had NO idea you read your magazines from back to front as well. Just one more reason why we are sissies!!

Lara said...

Andrea, I will NEVER forget the look on your face when I came into the hospital room at Central to see your baby BOY. You looked like a deer in the headlights. "Lara, look at my baby. It's a BOY. I have nothing for a girl." Even your disposable camera was for a girl baby. I ran straight to Young's for a baby boy outfit! I always tell your story when someone acts like they KNOW the sex of their baby. Good memories.

Looks like you're quite adapted now. ;-)

Lara said...

I meant to type "nothing for a girl" obviously. That's what I get for trying to eat lunch and type simultaneously.

Robin said...

Wow...what a birth story! I will definitely use that when trying to convince my hubby NOT to find out the sex of any additional children. :) We found out with Clara and then didn't with Ian (I always had doubts as to the accuracy of Clara's prediction, anyway). So, the question remains...did you find out with your second child?

RAK

Anonymous said...

Here is a factoid not many people know...when I was little my favorite sandwich to eat was pickles, cheese and mayo on white bread. Sounds gross but it was so good to me. I still crave it sometimes, but have not had one in years!

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

hey you share a craving that apparently Tammy Camp has - bean dip - this is the story - a couple of years ago when I was working at camp in the kitchen i road with the camps to Neal Massie's funeral. We left Las Vegas about 1am because Tammy was with a kid in the ER having his appendix out. anyway it was 5 hours later than planned and we were all so tired and tammy stops in Santa Rosa at the gas station comes back with bean dip and chips and manages to drive all the way to Lubbock wide awake hyped on bean dip!!!! luckily I was able to somehow block out the smell and sleep!!!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?