Friday, October 7, 2011

Fifth Grade Essay

Zach had to write a 100 word essay last night about citizenship.  The prompt was:  "I am a good citizen because..."

This is what my clever 10-year-old came up with.  The boy is such fun. (I left spelling as he wrote it.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think of Batman, he is a hero of Gotham City.  He protects the innocent, scoops up villains, and always helps the police.  And if you think about it hard, he is a citizen too.  A good citizen is someone who helps the police, doesn’t litter, takes care of their neibors, and doesn’t commit crimes.  I am a good citizen because I don’t loiter or litter.  I don’t cuss either.   Insted, I give money to the homeless.  I respect the elderly.  I take care of my neibors’ cats when they are gone.  I am a good brother.  I make sure that my Boxer puppy, Rosie, doesn’t get into other people’s yards.  I’m not Batman or Superman or Green Lantern, but I am a good citizen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my boy.  He's a pop culture junkie, and can quote every Star Wars, Harry Potter, Looney Tunes, Batman Brave and the Bold show ever created.  He is also extremely sweet natured and gentle.  He makes me laugh, and he frustrates the crud out of me.  He sleep walks and sleep sings and sleep yells.  He plays the piano beautifully and has an unbelievable capacity for memorizing tunes.  He is the best big brother that I have ever seen, and genuinely loves Alec and looks out for the little scamp.  My sweet Zachary Thomas  Bishop.  He's a keeper!

18 comments:

Lisa Miller said...

Love it- way to go Zachary! The world would be a better place with more citizens like you :)

Sara said...

I wonder where he gets his writing talent! Well-done!!

Unknown said...

Very interesting blog post, Thanks for the informative post provided.

The Best Shoretel Vendor

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope it will be helpful for too many people that are searching for this topic.



Clear Braces Santa Barbara

Unknown said...

very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.


KRW Lawyers

Unknown said...


Thanks for sharing wonderful information of giving best information. Its more useful and more helpful. Great doing keep sharing.

Best deals Dallas Network Support

Zenith Hoffman said...

Applause! A good citizen indeed. Your a hero in your own little way. Keep it up kid! Share more goodness in you. x

Learn more BC Digital Marketing

Helen Rubio said...

You are a good kid. Hopefully more like you will be in this world. Keep it up kid.

Learn more Cloud Contact Center Providers

Unknown said...

awesome and cool,hope you inspire all youth generation,long live!

I found this IC Shoretel Support

Unknown said...

Amazing blog post as always! I am very glad to see your post, I located what I was in search of here. Thank you!

Pottery Place Indoor Decor

noname said...

what a cute and intelligent kid
BlackCloud Clutches

Digium Switchvox Business Phones said...

He's a great one.

Inflow Atlanta Shoretel Vendor said...

Cool kid.

Have you seen Real Thin Bricks said...

A genius boy.

Outrageous Cozumel MX Realestate said...

This boy will be great in the future.

Outrageous Inflow New York Shoretel Vendor said...

Being a genius is lovely.

Breast Cancer Stages said...

good kid!
i hope this blog will inspire youth to be more like your boy.

william said...

thanks for sharing this information. its very inspiring. keep posting
Surprised at Digium Switchvox Business Phones

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?